Monday, June 14, 2010

Father's Week

Leading up to Father's day, I thought I'd take advantage of the situation and focus on Dad's for a bit. I'm biased on this, of course. I trying hard to be a good Dad for my own kids, and I've got some great role models to follow as well. Sarah's Dad, my Father-in-law, was a wonderful man, and we miss him terribly 7 years after his Homecoming with Jesus. We always say he's up in Heaven, patiently having some Ice Cream waiting for the rest of us to join him someday. And, of course, my own Dad has been an incredible role model and influence on my life. He's so encouraging, and really just a big cheerleader for me and my family, I'm very thankful to be able to call him whenever I need him.
But, all of us earthly Dads have one more model as well. Our Father in heaven, who actually is perfect in ways that the rest of us can only strive to be. That can be intimidating, but it should also be encouraging. We were made in His image, after all. So, if we're striving to be like him, we're doing something right. So, for all the Dads out there, and for anybody who's got a Dad, I encourage you to check back in this week as we celebrate the Dads here in this world, and the greatest Dad of all as well.

Don't go to church, Be the church

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment