Monday, June 29, 2009

The "Holy Spirit"

So, for those of you who weren't at the 10:30 service on Sunday, you missed the coolest thing ever. We had a real live bird in the Sanctuary. It wasn't planned, that way, but how can you argue with live animals, right? About 3 or 4 minutes into my sermon I saw a bird lift up into the air in the back of the Sanctuary. It was so surprising I stopped and said something (don't even know what) which caused much confusion for the congregation because they were all looking at me, and didn't see the bird at the back of the church. Until the bird flew to the front of the church and then everyone did a collective "ooh, aah.". It was a riot. Well, then the bird got obviously scared and went to the big windows on the west side of the sanctuary and smacked right into them. So, it turned around and flew right at the windows on the east side of the sanctuary and smacked into those. At this point the poor little bird was stunned and barely flapping it's wings. So, Trisha (Bird-Whisperer) came up to it, carefully picked the bird up and carried it to the side door and let it go. It was crazy. No one will remember my sermon from yesterday, but everyone will remember that bird. What a Sunday. Bet you can't wait to see what happens next week!

Pastor Bill

1 comment:

  1. It had to do w/ authority and whether or not and/or where it should be used. =) I paid attention. I think college has helped me to remember things despite being distracted.

    ReplyDelete