Wednesday, August 11, 2010

VBSurf

So, we're in the midst of our Vacation Bible Surf week here at SVLC. It's always a fun time and this year has proven to be no different. I know because so many people are working hard in their specific area, that not everyone gets to see all the things that I'm able to each week. So I wanted to share a bit of a story about why I love how we do things around here. At the end of each day I quickly run out to the parking lot so I can wave to everybody as they leave for the day. I see it as good face time for me with both kids and parents. And, when it's sunny, who wants to be inside anyway? But, yesterday something kept happening that drove home the joy of our VBSurf program. At least a dozen kids ran up to me on their way out yesterday and they gave me a big hug. Honestly, I didn't even know most of them. But every single one was super excited about the day, and after getting an awesome hug I asked all of them, "Are you excited to come back tomorrow?" The response, every time, was "Yes!" We've got all kinds of kids excited to come to our church campus in the middle of Summer. If that's not the Hand of God, I don't know what is. Thanks everybody for all your hard work. It's making an impact.

Don't go to church, Be the Church

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment