Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sports

I have both picked on, and held in awe, our American fascination with sports in my last couple of sermons. Anyway, that got me thinking about our sports teams here in Washington right now. Maybe I'm just a homer, but with the Mariners out of the playoffs I have no interest in the Baseball playoffs. I won't watch the NBA (r.i.p. Sonics!). The Hawks have more supporters than they probably need already. I guess I'm just a college guy right now. I'm loving the Huskies football and basketball teams right now. Truth be told, since I went to PLU, I even like WSU (they're just a little harder to watch right now is all.) Funny how sports can engender passion and loyalty for no real reason other than your address is in the same state. But, still, Go huskies!

See you in church,

Pastor Bill

1 comment:

  1. Now that the Cardinals are out of the playoffs, we've given up on baseball for the year too. I agree with the whole address idea for the teams that you follow - we've gone from being Bears fans to Seahawks fans. It has a little something to do with the Seahawks being a lot better than the Bears too.

    ReplyDelete